December 20, 2018
TecMed, Inc. Annual Meeting Conducted
The Annual Meeting for the Shareholders of TecMed, Inc. was duly authorized and held on December 18, 2018 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Alan J. Leszinske, Steven Schroeder, Laurel Hull, and Thomas Tucker were elected to serve as the Company’s Board of Directors for 2019 by the shareholders present and/or represented at the meeting.
A brief presentation was provided to the shareholders present outlining and reviewing the status of the Company, accomplishments in 2018 and the Company’s outlook for 2019.
Included in the presentation were:
• Issuance of one additional U.S. Patent broadening the protection of the Clinical and Consumer Sentinel IP.
• Modification of the Company’s licensing relationship for the Consumer Sentinel IP to broaden opportunities for TecMed and its Licensee
• Challenges that continue to hinder entry and acceptance of innovative solutions into the medical device market include the ongoing bottleneck at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services regarding reimbursement for new devices and the continued uncertainty regarding the Medical Device Excise Tax
• The Company’s primary focus on marketing and creating relationships for the commercialization of its intellectual property (IP) receiving increasing interest from companies we are contacting, as well as through unsolicited contacts that have heard about us through others
All in all, positive changes in the industry, economy and regulatory environment are expected to provide a bright outlook for marketing in 2019. These changes include a focused effort on the part of the FDA to promote innovation and improve safety, robust merger and acquisition activity as opposed to the Obama era “fire sales”, and repatriation of corporate research and development capital in the medical device and healthcare industries, as well as the continued and growing focus on improved patient outcomes and lowering healthcare costs.
A brief Q&A session provided answers to questions of technological advantage, why those advantages have yet to be acquired by commercialization partners, and an overview of liquidity strategies currently being explored by the Company.
November 26, 2018
Notice of Annual Shareholder Meeting
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 9:00AM (MST)
Place: Flying Star Café - Conference Room
10700 Corrales Road
Albuquerque, NM 87114
1. Presentation of Slate of Directors.
- Received by Management
- Other nominations may be made in writing prior to the Meeting or from the floor after the Meeting has been called to Order.
2. Election of Directors
- A handwritten proxy to vote your registered shares will be accepted if received prior to the meeting date or at the registration desk before the meeting is called to order. To be valid it must contain your signature, date, period of time your proxy is valid, and have a witness signature.
3. Presentations, Introductions & Q/A
Please send us a written list of any questions you may have via e-mail or US Mail for receipt in our offices not later than Friday, December 14, 2018.
Additional information and shareholder forms are available online at www.tecmed.com
June 27, 2018
TecMed, Inc. Expands Staffing
Joshua M. Farrell joined our team in June and is expected to add valuable assistance, support and direction in analytics and other business and legal areas. Mr. Farrell graduated from Ferris State University with a Bachelor of Science with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Legal Studies. He earned a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Western Michigan University’s Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
Mr. Farrell is the principal Attorney and owner of Farrell Law, PLLC, of Muskegon, Michigan. His practice specializes Business Planning, Family Law, Estate Planning, and Civil Litigation. He brings considerable experience in legal research/discovery, negotiation, courtroom litigation, and contract review and development. His experience includes oversight, operations, and case management with firm employees.
He has a long history of serving his community through charitable, community development and business organizations in Michigan including the Muskegon Jaycees, First Tee of Western Michigan, and the Alzheimer’s Walk.
Mr. Farrell brings a fresh perspective, energy, knowledge and guidance to our organization with a focus on bringing TecMed’s intellectual property to market on a domestic and international scale. He is a shareholder of the Company.
April 10, 2018
TecMed, Inc. IP Protection Strengthened - New Patent Issued
The U.S. Patent Office issued US Patent 9936904B2. This is the first patent deriving from the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) International patent application filed in December of 2014. This patent broadens and expands the intellectual property protection for our optical glucose measurement technologies for both consumer and clinical device applications.
January 4, 2018
TecMed, Inc. Receives Patent Issuance Notification
TecMed receives letter from the U.S. Patent Office notifying the Company of pending issuance of the first patent deriving from the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) International patent application filed in December of 2014. This patent is expected to issue formally in March of 2018.