December 26, 2019
TecMed, Inc. Annual Meeting Conducted
The Annual Meeting for the Shareholders of TecMed, Inc. was duly authorized and held on December 18, 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Alan J. Leszinske, Steven Schroeder, Laurel Hull, and Thomas Tucker were elected to serve as the Company’s Board of Directors for 2020 by the shareholders present and/or represented at the meeting.
A brief presentation was provided to the shareholders present outlining and reviewing the status of the Company, accomplishments in 2019 and the Company’s outlook for 2020.
Included in the presentation were:
• Resolved technical and software issues relating to the automated optical measurement bench instrumentation; providing the opportunity to move forward on development of the noninvasive Consumer Sentinel IP.
• Conversion of more than $1M in debt to revenue participation, without cost to the Company or dilution to share ownership, as well as eliminating all of the creditors of TecMed except for the Company’s primary financier. This included the only outside creditor of the Company.
• Reduction of annual interest rates on the remaining debt that reduced annual interest accruals by half.
• Plans for further reduction and/or restructuring of debt to be completed by the end of the year.
• Ongoing early-stage conversations with two potential commercialization partners.
In summary, positive changes in the industry, economy and regulatory environment are expected to provide a positive outlook for marketing in 2020. These changes include a the repeal of the medical device excise tax, growing merger and acquisition activity, and greater availability of corporate research and development capital in the medical device and healthcare industries, as well as the continued and growing industry focus on improved patient outcomes and lowering healthcare costs.
A brief Q&A session provided answers to questions regarding becoming a director for TecMed, potential capital acquisition opportunities, and an overview of development, commercialization and liquidity strategies currently being explored by the Company.
November 21, 2019
Notice of Annual Shareholder Meeting
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 9:00AM (MST)
Place: Flying Star Café - Conference Room
10700 Corrales Road
Albuquerque, NM 87114
1. Presentation of Slate of Directors.
- Received by Management
- Other nominations may be made in writing prior to the Meeting or from the floor after the Meeting has been called to Order.
2. Election of Directors
- A handwritten proxy to vote your registered shares will be accepted if received prior to the meeting date or at the registration desk before the meeting is called to order. To be valid it must contain your signature, date, period of time your proxy is valid, and have a witness signature.
3. Presentations, Introductions & Q/A
Please send us a written list of any questions you may have via e-mail or US Mail for receipt in our offices not later than Friday, December 13, 2019.
Additional information and shareholder forms are available online at www.tecmed.com
April 2, 2019
TecMed, Inc. Expands Senior Management Team
Pat Frerkes, CPA joined the TecMed, Inc. senior management team as the company's Chief Financial Officer.
Ms. Frerkes is a CPA, who brings decades of experience in C-suite business leadership and management to our Company. Pat is a strategic CFO with proven experience in building, leading, and advising corporations through complex expansion and capital market transactions. She has an ability to see the “big picture” within ever-evolving business markets, both public and private. Her experience has been honed through senior management roles in domestic and international companies.
She is particularly skilled in start-ups in the banking, insurance, real estate, and health care industries. Pat has served as the key financial executive in merger and acquisition (M&A) engagements.
Pat is a creative deal maker driven to profit-enhancing and/or strategic opportunities. She has demonstrated regulatory knowledge and experience in the areas of capital formation, securities, and M&A in cross-functional CFO/COO roles over her long and distinguished career.
Her professional background and experience are expected to add broader strength to our management team and access to business opportunities for our company.